Covid - Lesson Guidelines and precautions
Before each arranged lesson :
● Before I leave to collect you for a lesson I will contact you by text or Whatsapp to check if you have had any symptoms of the virus within the last 7 days or, if anyone you know or have been in contact with are showing symptoms, or has done so within the last 14 days. If the lesson needs to be cancelled at this point, you will not be charged.
● Please consider that your actions could have an affect on all my other pupils.
● In line with Government guidance, please wash your hands for at least 20 seconds immediately before leaving the house for your lesson.
● You will be required to wear a face mask/covering at all times whilst in the car. You will need to provide your own fitted mask which you are comfortable wearing.
At start of lesson :
● If at the pickup point I am not 100% happy with your state of health I will not start the lesson and will explain to you that lessons will not resume until you have recovered fully.
• If you display symptoms during the lesson that concern me, I will end the lesson and return you home. You will be charged for the lesson.
● I will provide you with some sanitizer to use, if you have any allergies to regular alcohol based sanitizer then you will need to supply your own suitable alternative to use.
● Between lessons I will have cleaned internal parts of the car including door handles inside and out, windows and mirror controls, seat and head restraints, seatbelt and its connection, gear lever, steering wheel, indicator and wiper stalks, car keys and training resources.
● If at any point during the lesson I have to touch the controls or steering wheel then we will use extra sanitiser as needed.
● I will explain that some windows will be down during the lesson to allow for ventilation, be aware it might be cooler in the car.
● We will use the air conditioning when needed, however if it is used it will not be set to recirculate.
● New clients may be asked for their licence to be checked electronically at
You need to text me the last 8 characters of your driving licence and the check code you were given. I will ask you to hold the licence up so I can check it. I will not touch or take the licence from you. The code will be valid for 21 days and I can only use the code once.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE):
● I will have hand sanitiser and clean my hands regularly.
● 70%+ Alcohol wipes or anti-viral spray will be used to clean down the car between lessons.
● I will have a supply of disposable bin bags in the car and will put all wipes and tissues in the bin bag. I will change the bin bag regularly and dispose of it responsibly.
● I will wash my clothing as soon as I have finished work for the day.
● Because we cannot maintain being 1+ metres apart, we will try to avoid directly facing each other when discussing scenarios, as it is safer to face forwards in the vehicle.
After the lesson:
• After your lesson I will repeat the same cleaning process again before driving to pick up my next pupil
Taking you to a test:
● I will allow time on arrival at the test centre to wipe down the examiners side of the vehicle, including seat and head restraint, seatbelt and its connection, the dashboard area and passenger door contact points.
● I will explain to you how the examiner will conduct the test.
● I will not be allowed to accompany you on the test.
● I may not be allowed to attend at the end of test debrief.
● Full details of how tests will be conducted can be found here -
T&C Update during Covid 19
● If I display symptoms or have been in contact with other people who have displayed symptoms within the last 7 days, I will cancel all lessons with immediate effect and try to notify you as soon as possible, and will not be liable for lesson or test cancellation refunds.
● Should you or I show symptoms during the lesson, the lesson will be terminated at no cost.
Data Protection Statement: All data is held securely by your Driving Instructor. Data will be treated in strictest confidence and will never be disclosed to external third parties or organisations, other than those – such as an NHS Medical or Track & Trace professional - who may require evidence in respect of your responses relating to your health, symptoms and that of your Driving Instructor in relation to Covid-19.